Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy Birthday 7-Eleven!



Vintage Bicycles with baskets  at 7-11

Yesterday was 7-Eleven's 85th birthday. Well, maybe not the actual day the first location opened back in 1927, but the marketer in me sure appreciates the choice of July 11 (7-11) as the day to celebrate.

How does an octogenarian celebrate? By giving away free Slurpees of course!

I headed out to the closest 7-Eleven to me to pick up my specially sized 7.11-ounce Slurpee. It was around 3pm and all the press releases mentioned that once they were out of those special cups, the offer was over.  So of course, I was a little worried when I saw all the bikes parked outside and the long line in front of the slurpee machines (there were three machines!)

Are there enough cups? Hmmm... It didn't look like many were left, and these cute kids kept cutting in to get doubles. And how do you NOT look like a jerk telling some little ponytailed girl to get back in line so that you can get your own free papercup filled with sugarslushed goodness?

Phew... made it. (Layered pina colada, lemon creme, grape). The two guys behind me though, not so lucky, as a couple of little devils dashed and grabbed the last cups. However, all was not lost as there were more cups in the back room. And they lived happily ever after.


slurpee

I would like to thank 7-Eleven also for the free ham & cheese sub and chocolate cake. Along with the Slurpee, I actually got a "free lunch"!

(Although my heart still belongs to Quick Chek... the first QC location is in my hometown of Dunellen and I AM a Jersey Girl through and through).

No comments:

Post a Comment