Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CFBNJ's Annual Gala (aka "The Blue Jean Ball")

Next Saturday, April 9 will be the tenth Blue Jean Ball I have worked on... how time flies when you're volunteering.

What is a Blue Jean Ball? Basically it is a fundraising gala but not one that you wear ballgowns and tuxes to. An event that actually takes place in the Community FoodBank of NJ's Hillside building, right in the warehouse that stores the food which feeds NJ's hungry. Attendees get to munch on yummy goodies created by the staffs of local corporate food service companies AND by the FoodBank's Culinary Academy. Calories get danced off to the tunes of that famous FoodBank supporter, as played by the B Street Band.

As I mentioned, I've been helping with this event since 2001 (and volunteering with the CFBNJ since 1994) so trust me when I tell you... it's a lot of fun. This year, they're promising a mini golf course!

No comments:

Post a Comment