And I thought I would start with this... Because I love soup.
Not as much as I love my family and friends. But pretty darn close. Some days I would eat soup at every meal, and not because I was sick.
Leftovers are the perfect excuse to make soup. See what's in the fridge, throw it in a pot with some broth and rice or noodles and voila: Soup! Today I made what I call "What Came First" Soup: chicken noodle - egg drop soup. It was very filling and easy to make.
Ingredients (Feeds 4-6)
- 2 large pieces of cooked or fried chicken (leftover Acme "Cheep Chicken" Special $5.99/8)
- Quart of water
- 2 large chicken bouillon cubes ($.99/8) 1.50 .25 .10 .42 .25 .50 .26
- 1 diced onion (Acme Produce Sale $1/10)
- 8 oz egg noodles (the 2nd 1/2 of a bag $1/2)
- 1 cup diced carrots (Acme Produce Sale $1/4)
- 1/2 avocado (Aldi $2.49/3)
- 2 eggs Aldi ($1.65/12)
- Optional: Hot sauce such as yellow pepper sauce (Aji Amarillo)